Whats mean by on the boil?
1 British, informal : in a state of activity or development The deal is still on the boil. kept their romance on the boil. 2 : on a hot burner/stove so that a liquid would boil She put the kettle (of water) on the boil.
Is a boil meaning?
noun (1) Definition of boil (Entry 2 of 3) : a localized swelling and inflammation of the skin resulting from infection of a hair follicle and adjacent tissue, having a hard central core, and forming pus.
What is the noun of boil?
boil. The point at which fluid begins to change to a vapour. A dish of boiled food, especially based on seafood.
How do you spell boiling water?
boil•ing. adj. 1. having reached the boiling point: boiling water.
What does went off the boil mean?
Definition of off the boil British, informal. : into a state that is less good than before After two hit singles, the band went off the boil and eventually disbanded.
What does Booling mean in slang?
What does boolin’ mean? Boolin’ means “hanging out” or “chilling.” It comes from gang culture.
How do you use boil in a sentence?
- [S] [T] I’ll boil the beans for you. (
- [S] [T] Stir the soup until it boils.
- [S] [T] Taro has a low boiling point. (
- [S] [T] He boils water in a coffee pot. (
- [S] [T] I’ll boil the potatoes for you. (
- [S] [T] Put the egg into boiling water. (
- [S] [T] She likes her eggs hard-boiled. (
What do you mean by oppressive?
1 : cruel or harsh without just cause oppressive laws. 2 : very unpleasant or uncomfortable oppressive heat. Other Words from oppressive. oppressively adverb.
How do you use boiling point in a sentence?
being highly angry or excited; ready to boil over.
- Bring the sauce to boiling point.
- The boiling point of water is 373 K.
- The boiling point of water is 100?
- Gradually increase the temperature to boiling point.
- Boiling point is 100 Celsius.
- Heat the water until it reaches boiling point.
How do you use borrow in a sentence?
Examples of borrow in a Sentence I’m borrowing a friend’s car for the weekend. He borrowed the book from the library. Will you see if we can borrow a cup of sugar from the neighbors? She borrowed $20 from me.