Which app is best for English grammar?
- 8 Of The Best Apps For Learning English. Home.
- Duolingo – The best all-rounder.
- Quiz your English – The best for exam prep.
- The British Council – The best for grammar.
- 6,000 Words – The best for vocabulary.
- Beelingu – The best for reading.
- HelloTalk – The best for speaking.
- Grammarly – The best for writing.
What are the complex sentences?
A complex sentence is a sentence that contains an independent clause and one or more dependent clauses. An independent clause can stand alone as a sentence, but a dependent clause even though it has a subject and a verb cannot stand alone.
What are examples of simple sentences?
Examples of simple sentences include the following:
- Joe waited for the train. “Joe” = subject, “waited” = verb.
- The train was late.
- Mary and Samantha took the bus.
- I looked for Mary and Samantha at the bus station.
- Mary and Samantha arrived at the bus station early but waited until noon for the bus.
What is a simple sentence and a compound sentence?
About Transcript. A simple sentence contains one independent clause. A compound sentence contains more than one! Put another way: a simple sentence contains a subject and a predicate, but a compound sentence contains more than one subject and more than one predicate.
Can a question be a compound sentence?
When someone asks two questions and uses “or” in between, there are two options: Put a comma/semicolon before the “or” that separates the two sentences and a question mark at the end; or make it into two questions.
How do you write well?
11 Smart Tips for Brilliant Writing
- Have something to say. This makes writing easier and faster.
- Be specific. Consider two sentences:
- Choose simple words.
- Write short sentences.
- Use the active voice.
- Keep paragraphs short.
- Eliminate fluff words.
- Don’t ramble.