What movies were nominated for best picture in 1966?
- The Sound of Music. Robert Wise, Producer.
- Darling. Joseph Janni, Producer.
- Doctor Zhivago. Carlo Ponti, Producer.
- Ship of Fools. Stanley Kramer, Producer.
- A Thousand Clowns. Fred Coe, Producer.
What film won the Oscar for Best Picture in 1966?
The Sound of Music
The winner of Best Picture was 20th Century Fox’s and Robert Wise’s The Sound of Music, adapted from the Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Broadway musical.
What movies were nominated for best picture in 1965?
- My Fair Lady. Jack L. Warner, Producer.
- Becket. Hal B. Wallis, Producer.
- Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb. Stanley Kubrick, Producer.
- Mary Poppins. Walt Disney and Bill Walsh, Producers.
- Zorba the Greek. Michael Cacoyannis, Producer.
What picture won Best Picture of the Year?
The Grand Staircase columns at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, where the Academy Awards ceremonies have been held since 2002, showcase every film that has won the Best Picture title since the award’s inception….
|Academy Award for Best Picture|
|Most recent winner||Nomadland (2020)|
What movies were nominated for Best Picture in 1956?
Best Motion Picture
- Marty. Harold Hecht, Producer.
- Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing. Buddy Adler, Producer.
- Mister Roberts. Leland Hayward, Producer.
- Picnic. Fred Kohlmar, Producer.
- The Rose Tattoo. Hal B. Wallis, Producer.
Did the sound of music win Academy Awards?
The nearly three-hour-long movie was nominated for 10 Academy Awards and won five, including those for best picture and best director.
Did My Fair Lady win Best Picture?
The movie, which starred Rex Harrison and Audrey Hepburn, won eight Academy Awards, including that for best picture.
What year did the Graduate win best picture?
|IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT (1967)||Bonnie And Clyde (1967)||The Graduate (1967)|
What year did Jaws win?
Jaws was followed 25 years later by Traffic as a film that won all its nominations except Best Picture….
|48th Academy Awards|
|Date||March 29, 1976|
|Site||Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
What film won the best film in 1965?
Sound of Music
‘Sound of Music’ Wins Oscar as the Best Film of 1965; Julie Christie, Lee Marvin and Robert Wise Acclaimed.