What is the formula for volume of all shapes?
|Geometric Shape Name:||Volume Formula:|
|Cube||Volume = a³ , where a is length of each side.|
|Rectangular Prism||Volume = l × w × h , where l is length, w is width and h is height.|
|Sphere||Volume = 4/3 πr³ , where r is the radius.|
|Cylinder||Volume = πr²h , where r is the radius and h is the height.|
What is the formula for finding the area of a shape?
How to calculate area?
- Square area formula: A = a²
- Rectangle area formula: A = a * b.
- Triangle area formulas: A = b * h / 2 or.
- Circle area formula: A = πr²
- Circle sector area formula: A = r² * angle / 2.
- Ellipse area formula: A = a * b * π
- Trapezoid area formula: A = (a + b) * h / 2.
- Parallelogram area formulas:
What is the area and perimeter of all shapes?
Area and Perimeter Formulas
|Circle||A = π × r2||Circumference = 2πr|
|Triangle||A = ½ × b × h||S = a+b+c|
|Square||A = a2||P = 4a|
|Rectangle||A = l × w||P = 2(l + w)|
How do you calculate volume with mass and density?
Divide the mass by the density of the substance to determine the volume (mass/density = volume). Remember to keep the units of measure consistent. For example, if the density is given in grams per cubic centimeter, then measure the mass in grams and give the volume in cubic centimeters.
What is volume always measured in?
Volume is ALWAYS measured in cubic units! 2.)
What is the area of all figures?
Area Formula for Different Shapes
|Square||a2||a = length of side|
|Rectangle||l × w||l = length w = width|
|Parallelogram||b × h||b = base h = vertical height|
|Trapezium||½(a + b) × h||a & b are length of parallel sides h = height|
How do you remember area and volume formulas?
Surface Areas And Volumes
- To find the surface area of a solid, add the areas of all the faces. You can remember the formula as sum of areas of the all the faces.
- Volume of a prism is area of its base times height.
- Volume of a pyramid is one third of area of its base times height.