What is Qfl File in UFT?
Advertisements. In order to modularize the script, library files are added to the QTP Script. It contains variable declaration, Functions, Classes etc. They enable reusability that can be shared across test scripts. They are saved with an extenstion .vbs or .qfl.
How do you call a function library in QTP?
How to use Functions in QTP/UFT in 3 easy steps
- Step 1) To create a new function library in HP QTP. Select File > New > Function Library.
- Step 2) Associate the library with your test.
- Step 3) Last step to call the function in your test script.
- Important Notes.
What are actions in QTP?
There are 3 types of QTP Actions:
- Reusable – Only these can be called multiple times within the same or different tests.
- Non-Reusable – These cannot be called by any other actions.
- External Actions – A reusable action when called from another action becomes an external action in the called action.
How do you associate a function library in QTP at runtime?
1) By using ‘File > Settings > Resources > Associate Function Library’ option in QTP. 2) By using Automation Object Model (AOM). 3) By using ExecuteFile method.
How do you create a reusable action in UFT?
QTP Support Tip: How to make an Action reusable
- Right-click on the Action.
- Select the “Action Properties” menu option.
- Under the General tab, select the “Reusable Action” checkbox.
- Click .
What is reusable action?
Reusable action − An action that can be called multiple times, any test in which it resides, and can also be used by any other tests. External Reusable action − It is a reusable action stored in another test.
How do I load a function library at runtime in UFT?
Ways to Load Function Library in UFT
- ExecuteFile “C:\UFT_WorkSpace\FunLib\TestFunctionLib.qfl”
- After you run an ExecuteFile statement, you can call the functions in the loaded file only within the scope of the calling action.
- You cannot debug a file that is called using an ExecuteFile statement.
How do I associate a function library to a test in UFT?
In UFT One, do one of the following:
- right-click the function library document tab and select Associate Library ” with ”.
- right-click the test or application area name node in the Solution Explorer and select Associate Function Library.
How do I associate a shared object repository in UFT?
Associating Shared Object Repository Click on Resources->Associate repositories. Associate repositories dialog box will open. Click on the plus icon and select the path of the shared object repository and click open. Now select the actions you want to associate the repositories and Click on the select button .
How is descriptive programming used in UFT?
Using Regular Expressions in Descriptive Programming
- Dim oDesc ‘Declare an object variable.
- Set oDesc = Description. Create ‘Create an empty description.
- oDesc(“text”). value= “Go To Next Page user\d\d\d”
- oDesc(“html tag”). value= “A”
- Browser(“QTP Training”). Page(“QTP Training”). Link(oDesc). Click.
Which settings are needed to add function library files in a test?
Create or open a test. In the Test Settings dialog box (File > Settings), click the Resources node. In the Associated function libraries list, click the Add button , UFT One displays a browse button enabling you to browse to a function library in the file system.
What is synchronization QTP?
Synchronization point is a feature to specify the delay time between two steps of the test script. For example, clicking on a link may load the page is 1 second, sometimes 5 seconds or even it may take 10 seconds to load it completely.