What is an example of a line chart?
A line graph, also known as a line chart, is a type of chart used to visualize the value of something over time. For example, a finance department may plot the change in the amount of cash the company has on hand over time. The line graph consists of a horizontal x-axis and a vertical y-axis.
How do you read data on a line graph?
Interpreting Line Charts The changing slope of the line segments emphasizes changes, trends, and patterns. For a single series of data, assess the changes in the line to identify trends and patterns. When you have multiple metrics, compare their lines to determine whether they have the same trend and patterns.
How do you make a line graph with data?
Create a line chart
- Copy the example worksheet data into a blank worksheet, or open the worksheet that contains the data that you want to plot into a line chart.
- Select the data that you want to plot in the line chart.
- Click the Insert tab, and then click Insert Line or Area Chart.
- Click Line with Markers.
How do you create a data chart?
Create a chart
- Select the data for which you want to create a chart.
- Click INSERT > Recommended Charts.
- On the Recommended Charts tab, scroll through the list of charts that Excel recommends for your data, and click any chart to see how your data will look.
- When you find the chart you like, click it > OK.
What is a line chart in Excel?
A line chart is a built-in Excel chart type, with each data series plotted as a separate line. Line charts are a good way to show change or trends over time. In contrast to column or bar charts, line charts can handle more categories and more data points without becoming too cluttered.
What is line chart in statistics?
A line chart is a visual comparison of how two variables—shown on the x- and y-axes—are related or vary with each other. It shows related information by drawing a continuous line between all the points on a grid.
What does a line graph look like?
A line graph shows how a value changes, usually over time. Most line graphs look like a jagged line going across the page. How high the line is above a time marked on the axis tells you how high the value is. A dieter may use a line graph to track how their weight fluctuates as time goes by.
How does line graph look like?
What is a good question for a line graph?
Understanding a Line Graph
|What is the title of this graph?
|Value of Sarah’s Car
|What is the range of values on the horizontal scale?
|2001 to 2007
|What is the range of values on the vertical scale?
|0 to 25,000
|How many points are in the graph?
How do I select data for a chart in Excel?
Follow these steps:
- On the Insert tab, select the chart type you want.
- On the Chart Design tab, select Select Data.
- Click in the Chart data range box, and then select the data in your worksheet.
How do you make a line graph with two sets of data?
Below are steps you can use to help add two sets of data to a graph in Excel:
- Enter data in the Excel spreadsheet you want on the graph.
- Select the data you want on the graph.
- Click the “Insert” tab and then look at the “Recommended Charts” in the charts group.
- Choose “All Charts” and click “Combo” as the chart type.