How long should a kitten be indoors?
Kittens should be kept away from other cats and stay indoors for seven days after the second injection to ensure maximum protection.
How do you prepare a kitten for a room?
Set up your kitten’s safe room with a litter box, scratcher, bed, water and food bowls, and most importantly, lots of toys! The safe room should be free of any toxic plants, cords that a kitten would want to play with/chew on, and anything else you don’t want potentially turned into a toy or scratcher.
How do you take care of a cat on the first day?
General Tips for Bringing a New Cat Home
- Prepare a safe room.
- Cat-proof the safe room.
- Give kitty a place to hide.
- Help your new cat get to know you.
- Equip the safe room with cat food, water and litter.
- Give your new cat a new post.
- Feliway saves the day.
- Give your cat some cat toys for entertainment.
How do I bond with my kitten?
7 Ways to Bond with Your Kitten
- Give your kitten company at mealtime.
- Help your kitten get high.
- Give Kitty a massage.
- Groom your kitten with a soft brush.
- Take a nap with your kitten.
- Take your kitten on a pretend hunting expedition.
- Reward good behavior in your kitten.
What should I do when I first get a kitten?
Your Kitten’s First Day
- Keep Your House Calm.
- Let Your Kitten Explore.
- Show Your Kitten Their Bed.
- Keep an Eye on Your Kitten.
- Stay Around.
- Give Them Their Space.
- Provide a Safe Space to Sleep on Their First Night.
What should you not do to a cat?
8 Things You Should Never Do to Your Cat
- Skip Flea Treatment.
- Put Your Cat Outdoors Unsupervised.
- Leave Windows Open.
- Put Off Vet Visits.
- Hold Your Cat On Your Lap While Driving.
- Toss Your Cat Off the Counter.
- Forget to Brush Your Cat’s Teeth.
- Ignore Those Hairballs.