How do I write a compare and contrast essay?
How to Write a Compare and Contrast Essay
- Begin by Brainstorming With a Venn Diagram. The best compare and contrast essays demonstrate a high level of analysis.
- Develop a Thesis Statement.
- Create an Outline.
- Write the Introduction.
- Write the First Body Paragraph.
- Repeat the Process for the Next Paragraphs.
- Write the Conclusion.
What are compare and contrast words?
like, similar to, also, unlike, similarly, in the same way, likewise, again, compared to, in contrast, in like manner, contrasted with, on the contrary, however, although, yet, even though, still, but, nevertheless, conversely, at the same time, regardless, despite, while, on the one hand … on the other hand.
How do you evaluate references?
Evaluating the references
- reliability of the author and publisher.
- objectivity of the author.
- quality of the references.
- how old the research is.
How do you evaluate sources in an essay?
The Big 5 Criteria can help you evaluate your sources for credibility:
- Currency: Check the publication date and determine whether it is sufficiently current for your topic.
- Coverage (relevance): Consider whether the source is relevant to your research and whether it covers the topic adequately for your needs.
How do you write a compare and contrast essay AP?
Compare/Contrast essays take two topics and illustrate how they are similar and dissimilar. Do not mention topic 2 in this first portion. Use an effective transition between topics 1&2. Topic 2: This next portion of your essay (which may also consist of one or more paragraphs) should cover the second of the two topics.
What makes a website successful?
Your website should have a consistent design. Don’t have too many colors or too many types of fonts used. As this will make your website confusing. You want it to be easy to use and easy to read.