How do I put my old SIM card in my new iPhone?
After you remove your SIM card from the tray, notice the notch in one corner of the new SIM card. Place the new SIM card into the tray—it will fit only one way, because of the notch. Then insert the tray into the device completely and in the same orientation that you removed it. The tray also fits only one way.
What should I do before changing SIM card?
Before you switch SIM cards
- Make sure the SIM cards for both devices are the same size.
- Check if you already have a compatible data plan. If not, add one.
- Find out how to get a replacement SIM card.
- Find out how to transfer your info to a new device.
Can you just swap SIM cards in phone?
You can often switch your SIM card to a different phone, provided the phone is unlocked (meaning, it is not tied to a particular carrier or device) and the new phone will accept the SIM card. All you need to do is remove the SIM from the phone it is in currently, then place it into the new unlocked phone.
How do I switch between iPhones?
Set up your new device with Quick Start
- Turn on your new device and place it near your current device.
- A screen appears on your current device that offers the option of using your Apple ID to set up your new device.
- Wait for an animation to appear on your new device.
- Wait for a message that says Finish on New [Device].
Do I need to backup my phone before switching sim?
Changing the sim will generally cause a reactivation but after that the phone should be the same. Backing it up is a great idea, so back it up, change your sim. If you’re missing anything erase and restore the backup and you should have no problems.
Can you just switch SIM cards?
Do you have to backup your iPhone before switching SIM cards?
Why is my SIM card not working on my new iPhone?
An iPhone usually says a SIM is not supported because your iPhone is locked to your carrier. This means you can’t insert a SIM card from a different carrier if you switch. To check if your iPhone is locked, open Settings and tap General -> About -> Carrier Lock. An unlocked iPhone will say No SIM Restrictions.