How do I make an employee checklist?
New employee onboarding checklist
- Warmly welcome them to the team.
- Include the starting date, time and location.
- Provide the phone number and email of their contact person.
- Provide a list of the documents they should bring.
- Include schedule breakdown of their first day.
- Explain the dress code, if there is one.
What should be on a new employee checklist?
Essential New Hire Checklist Steps:
- Submit a job requisition form to HR.
- Complete a background check.
- Review the schedule and job basics.
- Review job descriptions and duties.
- Complete all new hire forms.
- Prepare team introductions.
- Prepare their work environment.
- Prepare for new hire training.
How do I make an onboarding checklist?
How to create an onboarding checklist
- Assess the needs of the role.
- Separate the checklist into sections.
- Create a checklist of pre-hire items.
- Determine the tasks for their first day.
- Designate responsibilities for their first week.
- Check in with them after their first month.
Why is an onboarding checklist important?
Onboarding checklists help streamline the process, while ensuring each critical stage, phase and task is completed. Checklists essentially document a strategic plan, and the steps required to execute that plan. They provide a starting point for processes and procedures specific to the job and business needs.
What does a good employee onboarding process look like?
Employee onboarding process checklist Make the hire official and submit a job requisition form to your HR team. Complete a background check (if that’s a step your business takes). Establish the schedule and job duties the new starter will follow. Prepare and complete the relevant new hire forms.
How do you build a deck on boarding?
Tips for customizing your New Hire Onboarding Presentation
- Think about your new hires’ needs. What do your new hires need to know most on their first day?
- Repeat important information. There’s a lot of information to digest on the first day at a new job.
- Make it exciting.
- Choose powerful imagery.
How do I make employee orientation fun?
- Arrange Dates.
- Make their Desk meaningful.
- Create a moment of WOW.
- Get the story behind the person.
- Skip the office tour, make it a treasure hunt.
- Take them to Team Dinner.
- Play a friendly game of any sport.
- Make the Orientation about the Employee.
How do you keep employees engaged during orientation?
Here are 7 techniques to increase employee retention and engagement through a new hire orientation program:
- Give Your Orientation A Theme.
- Leave No Hire Behind.
- Establish Individual Value.
- Use Video Content.
- Create Personal Connections.
- Involve Senior Leadership.
- Clear A Path For Success.
What should be in a HR file?
The things to include in an employee’s personnel file are:
- Job application, CV and cover letter.
- Education and past employment info.
- Role description.
- Job offer letter and employment contract.
- Emergency contact information.
- Training records.
- Payroll and benefits information (but not bank details)
- Performance appraisal forms.