Can you replace a green card if lost?

Can you replace a green card if lost?

To replace a lost, stolen, or damaged green card, you need to fill out Form I-90 (officially called the “Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card”), provide supporting documentation, and, if required, pay a filing fee. There are other reasons you might need to replace your green card.

What can I do if I lost my green card?

If you need to replace or renew a Green Card (I-551) that has been lost, stolen or expired, please visit the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website for guidance or contact them at 1-800-375-5283 or visit

Can I come back to us if I lost my green card?

If you are overseas and your Permanent Resident Card was lost or stolen, and you have been out of the United States for less than 365 consecutive days, you may request a boarding foil to allow you to return to the United States. In order to apply for a boarding foil, you require an appointment.

How much is the fee to replace a green card?

Form Details

Reason for Application Form Fee Total
(A) My card has been lost, stolen, or destroyed. $455 $540
(B) My previous card was issued but never received. $0 $0
(C) My card has been mutilated. $455 $540
(D) My existing card has incorrect data because of DHS error. $0 $0

What if I lost my green card before citizenship interview?

Lost Green Card Once you submit the I-90 application to USCIS, you will receive an Application Receipt Notice with a receipt number and all other details regarding the interview and fingerprinting. As soon as you receive the Receipt Notice for the Form I-90, you can proceed to file your N-400 application.

Can I file N 400 if I lost my green card?

In fact, many applicants have successfully filed Form N-400 with a lost or stolen green card. If you choose to replace the green card, it’s not necessary to wait the 8 to 10 months to receive your new card before applying for U.S. citizenship.

How do I get my i 551 stamp?

How to obtain I-551 Temporary Evidence Stamp? In order to obtain the I-551 Temporary Evidence Stamp, you will need to call USCIS at 1-800-375-5283 to schedule an InfoPass appointment with your local USCIS field office.