What plant diseases are caused by viruses?
- TOBACCO MOSAIC VIRUS (TMV)
- TOMATO SPOTTED WILT VIRUS (TSWV)
- TOMATO YELLOW LEAF CURL VIRUS (TYLCV)
- CUCUMBER MOSAIC VIRUS (CMV)
- POTATO VIRUS Y (PVY)
- CAULIFLOWER MOSAIC VIRUS (CaMV)
- AFRICAN CASSAVA MOSAIC VIRUS (ACMV)
- PLUM POX VIRUS (PPV)
What are 5 diseases caused by bacteria in plants?
- aster yellows.
- bacterial wilt.
- blight. fire blight. rice bacterial blight.
- crown gall.
- rot. basal rot.
Which diseases are caused by viruses in plants and animals?
Therefore, examples of the most significant viral diseases of farm animals based on the list of notifiable diseases of the OIE will be described….Table 1.
|Domestic species affected||Disease name||Causative agent|
|Rift Valley fever||Rift Valley fever virus|
What is the most common plant disease?
Most Common Plant Diseases and Solutions
- Powdery Mildew. Most powdery mildew are very host specific, mildew on cucumbers will not infect roses.
- Black Spot. This is a common fungal disease of roses.
- Bacterial Canker or Blight.
- Shot Hole.
- Black Knot.
- Late Blight / Early Blight.
- Apple Scab.
What are the examples of plant diseases?
Common Plant Diseases
- Black Spot.
- Other Leaf Spots.
- Powdery Mildew.
- Downy Mildew.
Do all plant viruses cause plant disease?
Conclusions. Plant viruses and viroids are diverse and unusual groups of plant pathogens that infect and cause disease in many crop plants. Because these pathogens depend on the normal cellular machinery of their plant host for reproduction, it is difficult to eliminate them without damaging the host plant.
Which disease is caused by bacteria in plants Class 11?
Various bacterial diseases found in plants are granville wilt, fire blight, a wildfire of tobacco, the blight of beans, soft rot, crown gall, aster yellows, and citrus stubborn disease. Correct answer: Granville wilt is a bacterial disease in plants.
What are diseases of plants?
Plant disease is defined as the state of local or systemic abnormal physiological functioning of a plant, resulting from the continuous, prolonged ‘irritation’ caused by phytopathogenic organisms (infectious or biotic disease agents).
What diseases are caused by bacteria?
Other serious bacterial diseases include cholera, diphtheria, bacterial meningitis, tetanus, Lyme disease, gonorrhea, and syphilis.
What are plant diseases?
What are the common diseases in nursery plants?
A brief description of the various diseases and their control measures in nursery is given below:
- Damping off:
- Leaf Web Blight.
- Colletotrichum Leaf spot and blight:
- Alternaria Leaf spot and blight:
- Pseudocercospora Leaf spot: It is caused by Pseudocercospora subsessilis.
- Powdery Mildew:
- Other Foliar Diseases:
What are the types of plant diseases?
Fungal Diseases. Fungal diseases are caused by fungus. Fungus is defined as any group of spore-producing organisms that feed on organic matter.
What are viral diseases in plants?
Mosaic leaf pattern
How to treat plant viruses?
– Remove all the infected areas of the plant cutting back stems several inches into a healthy section. – Decrease humidity around the plant. – Increase air circulation around the plant. – Water early in the day so the foliage has time to dry before nightfall. – In severe cases, use a fungicide safe to use on the particular plant.
What causes plant disease?
Anthracnose. Infected plants develop dark,water soaked lesions on stems,leaves or fruit.