What major events happened in the 2000s US?
Terrorist attacks September 11 attacks in New York City; Washington, D.C.; and Shanksville, Pennsylvania (2,977 killed) 2001 anthrax attacks in the United States (5 killed, 17 infected) 2002 Bali bombings in Bali, Indonesia (202 killed) 2003 Istanbul bombings in Istanbul, Turkey (57 killed)
What historical events happened in the 2000’s?
10 Major News Stories of the 2000s
- September 11 Terrorist Attacks. Spencer Platt / Getty Images.
- Iraq War. Chris Hondros / Getty Images.
- Boxing Day Tsunami. The aftermath 1 week after the catastrophic Indian Ocean tsunami.
- Global Recession.
- Papal Transition.
- Hurricane Katrina.
- The War on Terror.
What is the 2000’s known for?
From the Y2K bug and the HP-Compaq merger, to Apple’s rebound and an insider trading scandal, the decade saw a wealth of historic events. Here’s a look back the highlights of the 2000s. The decade was littered with recessions, stock market crashes, financial scandals, antitrust cases, and flat-out disasters all around.
What major events happened in 2006 in the United States?
Introduction. 2006. The headlines in 2006 were marked by death, scandal and politics: 12 die in Sago Mine disaster.
What major events happened in 2002 in the United States?
- January 11: Camp X-Ray (Guantanamo)
- February 8 – February 24: The Winter Olympics are held in Salt Lake City.
- May 26: I-40 bridge disaster.
- November 25: The Department of Homeland Security is established.
- Cyrus Vance.
- Peggy Lee.
- Waylon Jennings.
- Chuck Jones.
What were the 2000s called?
The aughts is a way of referring to the decade 2000 to 2009 in American English. The equivalent term used in British English is the noughties. These arise from the words aught and nought respectively, both meaning zero.
What historical events happened in 2002?
What big events happened in 2005?
What Happened in 2005 Major News Events, Popular Culture, History Prices
- Live 8 benefit concerts. The Live 8 benefit concerts are held during July.
- Hurricane Katrina. Hurricane Katrina strikes the Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama coastal areas.
- Cosmos 1 Mission.
- United States.
- 43rd President.
- Kyoto Protocol.