What does shackle mean?
Definition of shackle (Entry 1 of 2) 1 : something (such as a manacle or fetter) that confines the legs or arms. 2 : something that checks or prevents free action as if by fetters —usually used in plural. 3 : a usually U-shaped fastening device secured by a bolt or pin through holes in the end of the two arms.
How do you use shackle in a sentence?
Shackle in a Sentence 🔉
- The comedian referred to his wife as the shackle that prevented him from being with his dream girl.
- Once you bind the prisoner’s hands behind his back with a shackle, he won’t be able to attack anyone else.
- My lack of funds is the shackle that prevents me from travelling.
Which is an example of a shackle?
The definition of a shackle is a literal or figurative restraint that keeps you in place or prevents you from doing what you want. The chains that bind a prisoner’s hands to his ankles are an example of a shackle. If you believe you can’t achieve your dreams, this belief is an example of a shackle.
How do you explain mean to a child?
Kids Definition of represent
- 1 : to present a picture, image, or likeness of : portray This picture represents a country scene.
- 2 : to be a sign or symbol of The flag represents our country.
- 3 : to act for or in place of We elect men and women to represent us in Congress.
What do shackles do?
Shackles allow your vehicle’s springs to travel through a range of lengths as you drive over different terrains, such as bumps, rocks, uneven dirt and potholes. They ensure the length of your leaf springs changes accurately during suspension movements.
What type of word is shackled?
Shackled can be an adjective or a verb.
How do you use Fetters in a sentence?
Fetters sentence example. The fetters broke open. The quiet jingle of metal fetters and distant voices greeted her ears. Her gaze fell to the fetters at her wrists and ankles.
How do you use lionize in a sentence?
Lionize in a Sentence 🔉
- I hate when people lionize dead celebrities that were vilified during their lifetimes.
- Listening to the emcee lionize the president of his company, Barry could not help feeling a little bit jealous of his superior.
What are shackles used for?
A shackle is a u-shaped, load-bearing connecting device designed to be used with a removable pin. Shackles can be used in a number of different rigging and load securement applications to connect different types of lifting slings, chain, or rope to an object or to each other.
What do shackles look like?
A shackle, also known as a gyve, is a U-shaped piece of metal secured with a clevis pin or bolt across the opening, or a hinged metal loop secured with a quick-release locking pin mechanism. The term also applies to handcuffs and other similarly conceived restraint devices that function in a similar manner.