Is Unified Remote good?
Verdict: Should you get Unified Remote? Unified Remote is a great addition to your phone’s arsenal of productivity apps. While handy with any computer, it is best used when you have a desktop at home that, unlike a laptop, cannot be moved around.
Is Unified Remote free?
In April 2011, we released the second version of the remote app, this time offering a full version ($3.99) with additional features while also releasing an improved version of the free app. Unified Remote gained greater success with thousands of downloads of both the free and paid versions.
How do I download Unified Remote?
How To Install Unified Remote for Android
- Open Play Store on your device.
- Search for “Unified Remote” in the search box.
- Select “Unified Remote” (free version) or “Unified Remote Full” (full version).
- Press “Install” or “Buy”.
- Once the app is installed and open, follow the welcome wizard to get started.
How do I use Unified Remote?
How To Connect Using a Mobile Hotspot
- Setup your mobile hotspot on your device.
- Connect your computer to your hotspot.
- Restart Unified Remote Server and then find your LAN IP in the manager (http://localhost:9510/web).
- Finally, add a server manually in the app, using the LAN IP.
Can I use unified remote without WiFi?
Unified Remote is primarily designed to work with WiFi on your home network or using Bluetooth (due to performance and security reasons). However, it is possible to use Unified Remote from any mobile data, over the internet, as well.
Is Unified Remote open source?
The best free alternative to Unified Remote is KDE Connect, which is also Open Source. If that doesn’t suit you, our users have ranked more than 10 alternatives to Unified Remote and 19 is free so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement.
Which remote control app is best?
Best Android remote control apps
- Android TV Remote Control. (Image credit: Google)
- Amazon Fire TV Remote. (Image credit: Amazon)
- Google Home. (Image credit: Google)
- Amazon Alexa. (Image credit: Amazon)
- Roku. (Image credit: Roku)
- Smart Things Mobile. (Image credit: Samsung)
- IFTTT. (Image credit: IFTTT)
How do I open my unified remote?
Open http://www.unifiedremote.com and click “Download”. Open the setup and press “Run”. Follow the instructions in the setup wizard. Once the setup has finished, Unified Remote Server will start automatically.
How do I turn off my Unified Remote?
If that still doesn’t work, you can try to manually uninstall the devices using the device manager.
- Open Device Manager.
- Click menu “View” > “Devices by Connection”
- Expand “Unified Virtual HID”.
- Right-click and “Uninstall” the devices under “Unified Virtual HID”.
How do I connect my Unified Remote to my phone?
Video: Turn your Android phone into a keyboard and mouse
- Step 1: Download and install the Unified Remote Server on your computer (Windows only). Once installed, launch it.
- Step 2: Connect your Android phone to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer.
- Step 3: Download and install Unified Remote from the Play Store.