Is French taught in Pondicherry?
The official languages of the Indian union territory of Puducherry are Tamil (in Puducherry and Karaikal), Telugu (in Yanam), Malayalam (in Mahe), French and English.
Which French course is best?
The 9 Best Online French Classes of 2022
- Best Overall: Berlitz.
- Best Budget: FrenchPod101.
- Best for Kids and Teens: French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF)
- Best Audio-Based: Rocket French.
- Best Dialogue-Based: Babbel.
- Best Immersion-Based: Rosetta Stone.
- Best for Humor and Entertainment: Frantastique.
How can I speak French fluently for free?
Free French courses and apps
- Duolingo French. Probably the most famous free language learning app Duolingo makes language learning fun, with daily five-minute lessons.
- Learn a Language.
- Open Culture.
- Easy Language Exchange.
- Conversation Exchange.
- Language Share.
Is French a good language to learn?
French is the second most useful language in the world for business. Studying French makes you smarter. French is one of the top ten majors most likely to lead to less unemployment and higher earnings. Studying in a French-speaking region makes you more creative.
Does India speak French?
French-speaking region in India There is also an Indian French spoken by Indians in former colonies of Mahe, Pondicherry, Karaikal, Chandernagore, and Yanam in Southern India.
Which language is most spoken in Pondicherry?
English LanguagePuducherry / Language
Tamil is predominant in the southern settlements of Puducherry and Karaikal; Malayalam is predominant in Mahe; and Telugu is spoken mainly in Yanam. Other significant languages in the territory include Urdu, French, Kannada, Hindi, Gujarati, English, and Marathi.
What do French Beginners learn?
Here are some ways you can do that.
- Start with the alphabet and numbers.
- Introduce simple vocabulary and make it fun!
- Use music.
- Two words: MOVIE NIGHT!
- Comics are a good idea!
- Watch French cartoons.
- Try out some games from good online sites.
- Use different types of learning materials that the kids would enjoy.
Is learning French useful in India?
Learning French not only helps you get a good job in India but also helps you meet various new opportunities in foreign countries. Here are some of the facts that make French worth learning in India. French is the second most widely learned language after English and the sixth most widely spoken language in the world.
Why is French spoken in Pondicherry?
With its capital city based at Pondicherry, this Union Territory covers a total area of 492 sq. km. Since, the place was a French colony in the earlier days, it is famously known as the “French Riviera of the East”. Thus, the language of French as well as English is a known language to many of the locals.