How do you quote a line from a story in an essay?
Start the quotation on a new line, with the entire quote indented 1 inch from the left margin while maintaining double-spacing. Your parenthetical citation should come after the closing punctuation mark. When quoting verse, maintain original line breaks. (You should maintain double-spacing throughout your essay.)
How do you add citation numbers in Word?
Insert footnotes and endnotes
- Click where you want to reference to the footnote or endnote.
- On the References tab, select Insert Footnote or Insert Endnote.
- Enter what you want in the footnote or endnote.
- Return to your place in the document by double-clicking the number or symbol at the beginning of the note.
How do you fix EndNote numbers in Word?
Changing the Way Endnotes Are Numbered
- Select Footnote from the Insert menu.
- Make sure the Endnote radio button is selected in the Insert area of the dialog box.
- Click on Options.
- Change the Start At value to reflect where you want Word to start numbering.
- Change the selection in the Numbering area to reflect how you want Word to count your endnotes.
How do I change from endnote to I 1?
Go to Insert | Reference | Footnotes. Click Endnotes and make the appropriate selection from the Endnotes drop-down list. Select 1, 2 ,3… from the Number Format drop-down list. Select Whole Document from the Apply Changes To drop-down list.
How do I make endnotes in Word?
Add an endnote
- Click where you want to add an endnote.
- Click References > Insert Endnote. Word inserts a reference mark in the text and adds the endnote mark at the end of the document.
- Type the endnote text. Tip: To return to your place in your document, double-click the endnote mark.
How do I improve graphics in Word?
Word 2013 gives you a number of tools you can use to apply special artistic effects to the images in your document. Once you’ve added the picture to the page, select it. The Picture Tools Format tab becomes available. Click it and then click Artistic Effects, in the Adjust group on the far left side of the ribbon.