How do you quote a dialogue between two characters?
4. Quoting a portion of dialogue: If you quote something a character says, use double quotation marks on the outside ends of the quotation to indicate that you are quoting a portion of the text. Use single quotation marks inside the double quotation marks to indicate that someone is speaking.
What is the correct spacing for MLA annotated bibliography?
MLA style format (8th ed.) That is, the first line of the citation starts at the left margin, and subsequent lines are indented 4 spaces. The bibliography is double-spaced, both within the citation and between them.
How do you double space works cited?
Formatting the Works Cited Section Title: On the first line, the title of the page—“Works Cited”—should appear centered, and not italicized or bolded. Spacing: Like the rest of your paper, this page should be double-spaced and have 1-inch margins (don’t skip an extra line between citations).
How do you quote someone quoting someone else MLA?
Works Quoted in Another Source
- Sometimes an author of a book, article or website will mention another person’s work by using a quotation or paraphrased idea from that source.
- The basic rule is that in both your References list and in-text citation you will still cite Kirkey.
- You will add the words “qtd.
- According to a study by Smith (qtd.
What is an in text citation and where does it appear?
Citations appear in the main text and provide specific information about the quoted or paraphrased information; references appear in the reference list at the end of the work and provide general information about the resource so that the reader can locate the resource used by the author.
What if your works cited page is more than one page?
Works Cited Page (MLA) Helpful Hints If the references take up more than one page, do not re-type Works Cited on sequential pages, simply continue your list. The Works Cited Page(s) should continue to have the header and page numbers listed at the top of each page. The first line of each citation is flush left.
How do you write dialogue in MLA?
Rules to Format Dialogue
- Enclose the spoken words with double quotation marks.
- Dialogue tags (the he asked/she said portions) stay outside the quotes and get separated by a comma.
- Actions that occur before or after the dialogue go in a separate sentence.
- Punctuation goes inside the quotes.
How do you do in text referencing?
When using APA format, follow the author-date method of in-text citation. This means that the author’s last name and the year of publication for the source should appear in the text, for example, (Jones, 1998), and a complete reference should appear in the reference list at the end of the paper.
Are work cited pages double spaced?
Double space all citations, but do not skip spaces between entries. Indent the second and subsequent lines of citations by 0.5 inches to create a hanging indent.