How do you fix ORA-12514 TNS listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor in?
Make sure the log_archive_dest_2 parameter has the correct service name. Show activity on this post. Check to see the database is up. Log onto the server, set the ORACLE_SID environment variable to your database SID, and run SQL*Plus as a local connection.
How do I fix TNS listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor?
- Check which services are currently known by the listener by executing:
- Check that the SERVICE_NAME parameter in the connect descriptor of the net service name used specifies a service known by the listener.
How do I fix error ORA 12505?
There are several methods of correcting error ORA-12505. Your first action to resolve this issue should be to wait a few seconds, then try to re-connect to the database again. If this attempt is unsuccessful, try checking to see which instances are known by the listener.
How do I check my TNS Listener status?
Do the following:
- Log on to the host where the Oracle database resides.
- Change to the following directory: Solaris: Oracle_HOME/bin. Windows: Oracle_HOME\bin.
- To start the listener service, type the following command: Solaris: lsnrctl START. Windows: LSNRCTL.
- Repeat step 3 to verify that the TNS listener is running.
How do I run Oracle?
Do one of the following:
- On Windows: Click Start, point to Programs (or All Programs), point to Oracle Database 11g Express Edition, and then select Start Database.
- On Linux with Gnome: In the Applications menu, point to Oracle Database 11g Express Edition, and then select Start Database.
How do I fix my ORA 12154?
- Option #1. Make sure that the TNSNAMES. ORA file exists and is in the correct directory.
- Option #2. Make sure that the service name that you are connecting to is included in the TNSNAMES. ORA file and that it is correctly defined.
- Option #3. Make sure that there are no syntax errors in the TNSNAMES. ORA file.
What does the error ora-12514 mean?
The error ORA-12514 means that a listener received a request to establish a connection to a database or other service.
How to know the target listener is reachable in ora-12514?
Only one thing that can be sure in ORA-12514 is that the target listener is up and running. That is to say, the listener is reachable. For unknown requested SID, the listener throws ORA-12505: TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect.
What are the errors in ora-01034?
Enter password: ERROR: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist Linux-x86_64 Error: 2: No such file or directory Process ID: 0 Session ID: 0 Serial number: 0 Relevant SO questions ORA 12514 error:TNS listener error
Why can’t I connect to the Oracle Database?
When trying to connect to the Oracle database using an Oracle client, the same error message appears. -Unable to connect to the database. -Ensure that the configuration and account information are valid. The fully qualified service name is not used.