How do I upgrade VDP?
Steps to perform the Upgrade:
- Log in to the vSphere Data Protection configuration interface.
- Take a VDP snapshot.
- Log in using your root / password.
- Mount the upgrade .
- On the Configuration tab, verify that all the services are running.
- Click the Upgrade tab.
How do I update my vCenter 5.5 appliance?
Launch a web browser and go to http://vCenterServer:5480/ or https://vCenterServer:5480/ .
- Log in to the VMware vCenter Server Appliance web interface using your login credentials.
- Click the Update tab.
- Click Check update.
- Click Install Updates.
- Read and agree to the End User License Agreement (EULA).
What’s the latest version of VMware?
|Initial release||April 21, 2009|
|Stable release||7.0 / April 2, 2020|
Can you upgrade VMware 6.0 to 7?
Directly upgrade of the esxi is not possible from 6.0 to 7.0. Upgrade the esxi to 6.5 U2 or later and then you can directly upgrade to 7.0.
What prerequisites should be considered before upgrading the vCenter server appliance?
Prerequisites for Upgrading vCenter Server High Availability Environments.
Which of the below virtual machine upgrades are possible using vSphere Update Manager?
With Update Manager, you can perform the following tasks: Upgrade and patch ESXi hosts. Install and update third-party software on hosts. Upgrade virtual machine hardware and VMware Tools.