How do I set an MP3 as a text tone on my Android?
Using an MP3 file as a notification sound:
- Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Select Sound & vibration.
- Hit Default notification sound.
- Go to My Sounds.
- If your ringtone doesn’t show up, hit the + button in the bottom-right corner.
- Find the song and select it.
- Hit Save.
How do I set a custom ringtone for text messages on my Android?
How to Set Text Message Ringtone in Android
- From the Home screen, tap the app slider, then open the “Messaging“ app.
- From the main list of message threads, tap “Menu” then choose “Settings“.
- Select “Notifications“.
- Select “Sound“, then choose the tone for text messages or choose “None“.
How do I add a downloaded ringtone to my android?
How to use a custom ringtone on Android
- Select the audio file .
- Once the audio is in the correct folder, go to Settings > Sound and vibration > Phone ringtone.
- Tap the My Sounds option and then select the audio file you want to set as your custom ringtone.
- Hit the plus (+) button and then tap Save.
What format does Android use for ringtones?
MP3, M4A, WAV, and OGG formats are all natively supported by Android, so practically any audio file you could download will work. To find sound files, some great places to start are Reddit’s Ringtones forum, Zedge, or a simple Google search for “ringtone download” from your phone or tablet.
How do I make an audio file into a ringtone?
Set an audio file as your ringtone
- On your Android device, open the Files by Google app .
- At the bottom, tap Browse .
- Scroll to “Audio” under “Categories.”
- Find and play the audio file you want to set as your ringtone.
- Tap More.
- On the permission dialog, tap Continue.
- Turn on Allow modify system settings.
Which is best audio format for ringtones?
OGG Vorbis — Often the preferred format for smartphones using the Android operating system.
What folder are ringtones stored on Android?
The ringtones are stored under the folder system > media > audio > ringtones . You can view the folders using any file manager this one.
Where are ringtones stored on Android?