How do I make a program run on startup Windows XP?
Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
- Find the shortcut or program you want to start each time Windows loads.
- Once found, right-click the icon and select Copy.
- Click Start.
- Click All Programs.
- Right-click the Startup folder and select Open.
How do I start Windows script from startup?
On Windows, the simplest way of running a program at startup is to place an executable file in the Startup folder. All the programs that are in this folder will be executed automatically when the computer opens. You can open this folder more easily by pressing WINDOWS KEY + R and then copying this text shell:startup .
Where is startup file in Windows XP?
You can access the Startup folder by clicking Start | All Programs (or Programs, depending on your Start menu style) | Startup. When you do, you will see a menu containing the Startup items.
How do I add scripts to startup?
To assign computer startup scripts The path is Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Scripts (Startup/Shutdown). In the results pane, double-click Startup. In the Startup Properties dialog box, click Add.
How do I get Wordpad to automatically start?
So, Windows will trigger it on startup.
- Go to This PC.
- Navigate to C:\Users\User Profile \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup or simply press Windows logo key + R, type . (
- Right-click in the Startup folder and point to New and select Shortcut.
- Now type notepad.exe and click Next, click Finish.
How do I start an Autohotkey script on startup?
The easiest is to place a shortcut to the script in the Startup folder: Find the script file, select it, and press Ctrl + C . Press Win + R to open the Run dialog, then enter shell:startup and click OK or Enter .
How do I run a PowerShell script at startup?
How to Run PowerShell Script on Windows Startup?
- Write the below command in . cmd file.
- powerShell path\to\powershell_script.ps1 >> “path\to\log_file.log”
- C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
- Restart the computer and you can track its execution in log file.
How do I get a program to run automatically when logged in?
How to auto-launch an app when you log into Windows 10
- Create a desktop shortcut or a shortcut for the program you want to auto-launch.
- Open Windows Explorer and type %appdata% into the file explorer address bar.
- Open the Microsoft subfolder and navigate to it.
- Navigate to Windows > Start Menu > Programs > Start-up.
How do I get Chrome to open automatically when I start my computer?
Click the Start button at the bottom-left corner of your screen, then click All Programs. Click the Google Chrome folder to expand it, then click the Google Chrome icon and drag it down to the Startup folder.