How do I fix mass storage controller driver?
Solution 1. Reinstall your mass storage controller driver
- On your keyboard, press Windows key + X key together to open quick-access menu.
- On the open window, find and expand Other devices catalog.
- Reboot your Windows 10 to let Windows reinstall the driver for your mass storage controller.
What is mass storage controller driver?
A mass storage controller communicates between a mass storage device and a computer system. It acts as a driver to allow the systems to exchange information and commands with each other.
How do I install storage controller drivers?
Installation of RAID driver with LSI Controller
- Set up the desired RAID array in the RAID BIOS.
- Download the correct Pre-OS driver from our support site and have it extracted.
- Load the extracted files onto a USB key.
- Once the files are extracted, proceed with the installation of Windows as normal.
Why is my USB mass storage not working?
When your USB mass storage device not working and you are sure that your USB mass storage device has a driver problem, you should first go to Device Manager to update or reinstall the USB mass storage device driver. This is because the USB mass storage device driver may be outdate, missing, or damaged.
What is use of mass storage controller?
Mass Storage Controller is a program responsible for controlling storage devices in order to communicate properly on your computer system. Devices such as card reader, USB flash drive and Hard Disk need this protocol.
What are AHCI drivers?
Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI) is an interface specification that allows the storage driver to enable advanced Serial ATA (SATA) features like Native Command Queuing and hot swap.
How do I install a USB mass storage driver?
1) Download and install Driver Easy. 2) Run Driver Easy and click Scan Now. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers. 3) Click the Update button next to a flagged USB device to automatically download and install the correct version of this driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
How can I make my USB visible on my computer?
Follow the detailed steps below to make your USB drive usable again.
- Connect the USB flash drive to your PC, right-click on This PC, and choose Properties.
- Select Device Manager and expand Disk drives.
- Click Automatically search for driver software online on the following screen.
- Wait for the driver to be updated.
What is RAID controller driver?
A RAID controller is a hardware device or software program used to manage hard disk drives (HDDs) or solid-state drives (SSDs) in a computer or storage array so they work as a logical unit.